As a Warehouse Laborer, duties performed will consist of an array of functions that may include but not limited to unloading and loading product and materials, picking and filling orders from freezers and semi-trucks/trailers, movement of freight with or without Material Handling Equipment (MHE), keeping work areas free of debris, adhering to all stamping guidelines in accordance to UDA/USDA regulations, repackaging product, palletizing and sorting incoming freight, and staging outgoing freight.
- Operate material handling equipment in a safe manner.
- Unload trailers/trucks/rail cars using material handling equipment or stack inbound product precisely as per pallet requirements.
- Maintain compliance with GWP’s and all other food safety requirements.
- Count and match all receivables against BOL/tally.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies or potential hazards.
- Apply labels as required.
- Shrink wrap pallets tightly from top to bottom.
- Move product to designated staging area for loading, processing or shipping.
- Communicate with internal and external drivers.
- Assist within other departments as necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with various material handling equipment such as walk behind jacks, pallet jacks, and sit/stand forklifts, required.
- Able to bend and lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic reading, legible writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines, and high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working independently or as a team
- Follow practices and procedures through a robust Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System (HACCP)
- Follow and enforce all food safety and quality requirements.
The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Stand, walk; use hands and feet to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
- Use of scanners, telephones, and warehouse machinery.
- The employee must be capable of repeatedly lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Work longer hours as needed to satisfy customer, daily and seasonal requirements.
- Able to lift and move product above head.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work in an atmosphere as cold as - 30 degrees F.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- Personal interaction and communication required to and from other people is extremely high.
- Daily workflow is fast paced.