The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing the daily interaction with customers. This includes timely communication regarding quoted rates, shipment status, claim related details and all pertinent information within the lifecycle of the order. Additional responsibilities include interacting with the logistics planner and customer logistics manager to identify and resolve any issues that would impact the timely pick-up and delivery of our customer’s freight, managing through carrier and capacity issues, late releases of client’s freight, rush or “hot” shipments and claims, all while consistently presenting the client with timely solutions that meet their pick up, delivery and transit requirements. There will also be a regular interaction with Sales and Operations to improve the delivery of our services and suggestions on how to increase the organization’s operational efficiency and effectiveness based on client conversations and interaction and the creation/management of KPI’s and client scorecards and/or satisfaction surveys.
- Provide our clients with the highest levels of customer service; maintain constant client and carrier communications, solutions based “can do” attitudes and consummate professionalism throughout the transportation lifecycle
- Identify and prioritize client’s logistics needs, partner with warehouse operations and logistics team to communicate recommendations to management in order to achieve a holistic, efficient and effective end to end product distribution model
- Assist in the development sustainable cost-effective solutions that leverage Preferred Freezer Services (PFS) inbound and outbound volume, systems, and partnerships
- Assist in the creation and implementation a transportation capacity strategy that includes contingency plans to support varying levels of company sales and changes to supply/demand patterns including market/capacity driven price fluctuations
- Follow existing processes and procedures to ensure daily execution of transportation policies, operating standards, and service level agreements
- Assist in the development and support the use of key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics and periodic reporting to help drive execution and process uniformity and compliance across all regions and with all clients and transportation providers
- Adhere to existing logistics processes and apply both industry and organizational best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business and/or Supply Chain/Logistics discipline preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalent in logistics, transportation and/or supply chain preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Logistics Coordinator / Account Representative or similar role/function
- Must possess thorough understanding of supply chain and transportation methods/modes, cost structures, service requirements, tariffs, fuel scales, accessorials, equipment and infrastructure in order to ensure optimal day-to-day management of clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals/groups from varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Detail and multi-task oriented. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and implementation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with logistics-related software a plus (both transportation and warehouse modules).
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.